Purpose

Ongoing CHALLENGE !!!

If your picture has been blogged here, it means that it has appealed to over 300 art jurors (currently 50 active) for a whole week or more. That is an achievement!!!

... and what does that mean ??? well according to This ... it means your picture is "... extremely resistant to people wanting to get rid of it", :)

If you see one single picture in this group that you think is not art, please say so (by commenting on it) and tell us why. If you are convincing - we will remove it. This group is to show case the most resistive pictures from the
B&W Art Photography - Is Your Art universal

2008/05/23

solitude


solitude, originally uploaded by Villi.Ingi.

I never imagined that this picture would recieve so much attention. It feels great to have created something that has an impact on other people. I have gotten quite a few messages where people have asked to know more about the picture so I thought it would be right to give some background info on the picture.

In 2006 me and my girlfriend were on a vacation in Croatia on the island of Brac. We were having a nice day on the beach walking along the coastline when I noticed this girl standing on a rock quite close to the ocean she stood there and did´nt move and she seemed so lonely. I had fallen some distance behind my girlfriend that was walking ahead of me so I only took this one photo of the girl as I walked by, I never saw her face. I rushed to catch up with my girlfriend and we had walked some distance when I looked back and the girl was still standing there.

A while ago I finally decided what I wanted to do with the photo and the end result is what you see here. I made the picture from the emotion I was getting from it. I put in the black background and the shaft of light and it just felt somehow right that way.

Thank you all for the kind comments and invitations!

High quality prints of Solitude are available at Imagekind

No comments: